This is my documentation for my family and friends so that we can keep in touch while I spend a year half way around the world. I will do my best to document the good times, the bad times, the happy, the sad. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, March 8, 2010

ACCEPTANCE!!!

Ok so even though my coordinator told me I wouldn't find out about whether or not I made it until March 15 but turns out that today as I was walking out of school and checking my phone for texts; I recieved an e-mail for CBYX titled "Application to Congree Bundestag Youth Exchange Program 2010-2011" the first thought that came to my mind was or great I didn't make it and they are going to tell me that I messed up on one of the forms or something. So I click it trying to block all that out and the first thing I see is: Dear Jenae, On behalf of the AYUSA International CBYX selection committee, it is my pleasure to announce that you have been selected as a finalist for the CBYX program. This program attracts extraordinarily qualified and gifted applicants; the selection process is rigorous and highly competitive. Your selection is recognition of both your academic and extracurricular accomplishments and your potential for success in the program Oh and by the way I didn't bold that they did it haha. Anyways though I completely hyperventilated I couldn't believe my eyes. I actually cried, which was really not expected. Oh my gosh so this is a relief like I don't know it hasn't completely sunk in yet but now I have all these papers to fill out. Like not even joking they sent me to e-mails one saying I made it and the other with an attachment that I need to fill out. A lot of it was just background information, school information, health forms, a letter to the host family that I have to write and then a letter to the host family that one of my parents have to write. Oh and all of this has to be recieved by the CBYX before the 22 of MARCH!!! So I have to hurry up and schedule a TB shot because it has to be taken without 6 months of departure and also I have to get 5 passport photos taken. Whoa so much to do so little time but I WILL make this happen. Alles Liebe, Jenaé

No comments:

Post a Comment