This is my documentation for my family and friends so that we can keep in touch while I spend a year half way around the world. I will do my best to document the good times, the bad times, the happy, the sad. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Host Family

So I didn't really write about my host family last time but in a word they are amazing and I think they are the perfect match for me. I was greeted by Elke, Richard and Nicole at the trainstation in Regensburg and to my surprise it wasn't awkward at all (thank goodness). They are constantly speaking German to me which is a good thing and most of the time when I don't understand they just say it in another way but in German of course. Normally in the evening I walk the dog with my host dad but the evenings are normally free which is nice. Uh actually they have a Handy for me so YAY!

Well I don't know what else would be interesting but since today was my first day at school I think that I will talk a little bit about that ok so. We I have never felt as lost as I did today at the beginning when I had to go ask the secretary in broken German what my schedule was and other random need to know questions. In language camp there was always somebody there that could speak English if you get stuck when speaking German but here NO you pretty much just have to go with it because if not well nothing gets accomplished and there is nobody to ask questions for you. Anyways though there is a girl that sits beside me in class her name is Maria and she helped me the ENTIRE time because only understood probably 10% of what was going on so she would explain to me what was going on in German but I could understand. The teacher talked so fast it is insane like by the time I realize that I knew a word she said she is already in a whole different sentence. Not to mention the students talking I just sit there, and anybody that knows me knows that I love to talk well that has changed I still talk which I know what is going on but I don't think I have ever been so quiet in my life. Anyways even though the language was a no go the day was good. I got tons of books for all my classes, all fifteen, yes I said 15 and its whatever... for now. Oh I was hoaxed into introducing myself to the class and our Klass Lehrerin is also my English teacher so she said that I could speak in English also. So it was more like German sentence, Englisch sentence and so on but apparently I speak English too fast so they couldn't understand and I got blank stares... which is actually how I feel everyday here. My school is really nice it is modern and just like WOW. I shall post pictures later. I like the fact that people are willing to help and are really patient with me because well it's difficult not understanding what is going on but I know it will get better in time so I am not too worried about it. I will try and write more often about whatever and post pictures later too. Bis dann.

No comments:

Post a Comment