This is my documentation for my family and friends so that we can keep in touch while I spend a year half way around the world. I will do my best to document the good times, the bad times, the happy, the sad. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another long update

I arrived at my host family's yesterday but I will make another post for that. I am just going to talk about my last weeks at language camp. In short language camp was a blast and went by quicker than I imagined. I made some friends and got a good foundation that I can build on this year.

27.8.10 Today we went to the Feuerwehr (fire station), who ever imagined that a fire station could be so fun. First they told us about what they do and all the jazz but later we went to two other cities and visited their Feuerwehr. The last one had some type of childrens program so there were tons of kids and this one in particular gave us a tour and attempted to practice his English. Before we returned to the Kloster the Feuerwehr treated us to Würstchen which were really good. Grammar is such a pain and it seems to be never ending, not to mention complicated. Just so happens that you need it in order to not sound like you are stupid anyways though it's going to take some time.

31.9.10 We went to a German BBQ and it was indoors and just very different from the BBQ's I have been to. After the game we watched a game of soccer it was the Americans vs. Germans. We won one of the games and the other we lost (by a point!)

2.9.10 Went to Halberstadt we went by train, which was a first for me made my stomach hurt but it was still awesome. I bought a new dictionary because I lost my other one. We got a tour of this old church can't remember the name of it but the tour was in all german and I understood most of it. I fried one of the fuses in my convertor. Opps. kind of random but its ok because there was an extra fuse.

4.9.10 A guy named Max came to talk to us from P.I. so we didn't have morning class (YAY) but we got homework (BOO). We have had alot of people from PI come to talk to us they all kind of say the same thing though haha. I am starting to become scared of going to school here like I probably won't be able to understand anything.

7.9.10 So there are only 3 days left here in Hedersleben and only one day of class left and tomorrow we have finals. I am currently sick and I didn't go to class today but Juli bought me some medicine and tea so that was nice. I did go to evening class although I was coughing the entire time and blowing my nose. I am pretty sure my nose is raw. It is weird knowing that I have almost being here for a month and it seems like just last week I was getting off a plane in Frankfurt.

8.9.10 The finals went well and I am very proud of my ability to make up stuff on the spot and I figure this will be a very useful ability throughout the year.

9.9.10 Madgeburg day we went to see one of Hundertwasser buildings and he is a very famous architect and the building looked like candy land or something. We got a tour of this big Dom called the Madeburger Dom and it was a big cathedral. After that we got to watch the Sachsen-Anhalt Government in action and well it was just very different that any government. Some people were eating, some were walking around, people were constantly going in and out of the room and this one guy was on his phone. Shortly after watching them we were able to wonder around and by that time it was almost 14:00 so the first place we went was to eat and I had a Döner and it was so amazingly good OMG!

10.9.10 Today was pretty much a free day in the morning we cleaned up our class and Juli said goodbyes she told every individual person something. She also handed out T-Shirts from PI, candy and a card that included three pictures and a certificate. I really enjoyed that class and now it's over but I definantely have some good memories. For dinner we have a medical dinner and it was out of this world. I am really nervous now about my german skills or lack there of but it's a little to late to get cold feet. There was a talent show at 20:00 but I wanted to run to the store so India and Jenny went with me. When we came back all the doors were locked and everybody was already in the AULA (the room that the talent show was held in) so we were stuck outside for like 20 minutes until this guy from the Feuerwehr who came to see the talent show came and he called somebody that was inside to open the door. But the talent show was still epic even though I was 20 minutes late to see it.

11.9.10 Had breakfast and then took a bus to Madgeburg and said goodbye to everybody which was weird because well I have been around them 24/7 for the last month. But I will get to see them again in Januar. Anyways I am kind of in love with the trains and I am wondering why there aren't more and better ones in America. I got to have a 6 hour train ride on the ICE :D

No comments:

Post a Comment