This is my documentation for my family and friends so that we can keep in touch while I spend a year half way around the world. I will do my best to document the good times, the bad times, the happy, the sad. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Oktoberfest und Orchester

So on the 2nd of Oktober I went with my host family to Oktoberfest because that was the last weekend that it would be going for this year. We drove to Munchen which is actually only like an hour away to my surprise and I got to see tons and tons of fields where they make beer. Pretty much it was like a HUGE carnival like yea beer was a part of it but I mean there was a lot more too it than that. Not everybody wears Ledershosen und Dirndls although a good amount of people do. I am glad that I was able to experience it, oh and the Bier tents aren't impossible to get into assuming that you are willing to wait a long time in line, and the line isn't even a line its more like a big bundle of people that are crowded together... I must say they are very dedicated because I know it had to be really sweaty standing there. There were tons of rides too but they are really, really expensive and there is no such thing as buying a day pass... it's kind of like the way that there are no refills (which sucks by the way).

The day after that I went to the Junior Classic Orchester (Orchestra) that plays here where I live and it was really nice, I enjoyed it alot and since I didn't have a violin yet the teacher let me use his.

On Sunday, Oktober 3, I went out with my host siblings. We went bowling and well I suck at bowling but it was fun.

Dienstag, Oktober 5, my host mother and I went to the Geigenbauer and I got a violin!

And now it has been a little bit over a month since I have been with my host family and well I think my German is getting better, I know that I can understand a lot more than I could before. Some days you feel awesome because you understand most things and then there are days when you feel like you haven't learned anything so it's pretty up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment